In home care for senior citizens and adults with disabilitiesSeniors are often the most respected members of the family because of their experience and the sacrifices they made for their kids. So, it is normal for families to feel the need to take care of them in their later years. While some family members have the time to be caregivers and help them around the house, it can be difficult to juggle the responsibilities of work, caregiving, and having personal time for themselves. In this case, an additional caregiver is needed to provide elderly care and allow the senior to stay safe in their own home. At Assisting Hands Home Care, our elderly care services can help seniors maintain their independence and age in place in North Texas. Our professionals will begin by meeting you and your loved one for a free consultation, assessing their needs. We will then set them up with a customized care plan designed to meet their needs. A licensed, bonded, and insured caregiver will be sent to your loved one’s home to start the home care service.
Why Choose Assisting Hands?
Elderly Home Care ServicesOur elderly home care services cover a variety of tasks needed, including the following:
- Fall Prevention: Falls are among the most common cause of injuries and hospitalization for seniors. Our caregivers can help prevent falls by clearing away any tripping hazards and/or assisting them with walking around the home.
- Meal Preparation: If your senior loved one is no longer able to cook their own meals, our caregivers can prepare these meals while taking into account any dietary restriction.
- Transportation and Errands: If your senior loved one is no longer able to drive, we can help them get to and from the grocery store, doctor, pharmacy, family gatherings, etc.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can keep the home clean and organized by providing light housekeeping services such as vacuuming, laundry, and dusting.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are more than just care providers for your loved ones; they are great companions and build personal connections by keeping them engaged in conversation and activities.
- Personal Care: If assistance with bathing or using the restroom is needed, our caregivers can help with this.
Call (214) 571-7059 for your free in-home consultation
Home Care Services
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained and experienced to provide the quality care your senior loved one needs if they suffer from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. We can help prevent dangerous wandering and engage them in memory care exercises to slow the progression of dementia.
- Post-Operative Care: If the patient is coming home from the hospital, our caregivers can help by monitoring their situation and managing their medication. We can also help around the house by handling meal preparation and light housekeeping.
- Respite Care: If you already have a family caregiver who needs additional assistance, Assisting Hands Home Care can step in to allow the family caregiver some personal time to attend to their personal matters. We will create a schedule for the caregiver to come and relieve the family caregiver.
- Overnight Care: If it’s not safe for your elderly loved one to be home alone at night, our overnight care services can help. We will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get ready for bed and monitor them to provide assistance if needed.
- Live-In Caregiver / 24 Hour Home Care: Some seniors will need someone to be there 24/7 to help and/or respond to emergencies. Our live-in caregiver will be on-site, at their side 24 hours a day if needed. We can also provide live-in care in which 2 caregivers will alternate shifts living in the home.
Contact Assisting Hands Home CareIf your loved one lives in North Texas and can benefit from elderly care services, contact our staff at Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 571-7059. We will meet with them, evaluate their needs, and create a detailed care plan based on those needs.
The Caring Corner
Some older adults choose to relocate from their own residences to nursing homes or other assisted living facilities, where they can receive the necessary care… Read More »What Do Seniors Need to Live Independently?
In a recent event at the Burleson Chamber of Commerce local business expo, Assisting Hands Home Care took center stage to showcase its commitment to… Read More »Assisting Hands at Burleson Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
Older people tend to feel colder more often due to a number of age-related causes. Caregivers who notice their elderly loved ones feeling the shivers… Read More »How Seniors Can Stay Warm in Cold Weather
Planning a vacation with your senior loved ones has been shown to reduce stress and give them a major boost to their mental and emotional… Read More »What to Pack in the Vehicle for a Road Trip with Your Senior Loved Ones